Governors have a duty to consider representations made by parents when their child has been excluded from school. This course provides an overview of the governing board’s responsibilities in relation to the DfE exclusion guidance for maintained schools and academies. You may find it helpful to bring along a copy of your school behaviour/discipline policy. Clerks may also find this training useful and are welcome to attend. The session will be facilitated by Julia Morris Senior Children Missing Education Officer, Chris Jorgensen Operational Lead SEND Partnership Service and Enfys Hughes Democratic Services Officer.
The session will consider;
- the power of the head teacher to exclude
- the role of the governing board to review the head teacher's exclusion decision
- role of the Independent Review Panel
- governing board’s duty to reconsider an exclusion decision following an independent review
- support available for parents to reduce the incidence of exclusions and guide them through the exclusions process
Knowledgeable & effective governors.
To book a place please contact your clerk to governors who may book via the Hub or contact Governor Services via Governor_Services@bathnes.gov.uk or on 01225 394487. The course is free to schools who subscribe to our service, all other bookings will be charged at a rate of £75.00 per delegate.
All Governors and clerks