On this practical session you will: Explore an Early years setting and reflect with them on
Consider the benefits for vulnerable children of appropriate risky and challenging outdoor play. Annotate photos of your setting showing how you might increase opportunities for risky challenging play for your current cohort.
- the roles that adults take
- the resources developed
- the opportunities planned that raise and extend opportunities to involve all children in risky challenging play , especially their most vulnerable.
Thursday 16th May 2019 - 6.15pm - 8.15pm (reg. 6pm) - Noahs Ark Pre-School, The Wooden Classroom, Farrington Road, Paulton, Bristol, BS39 7LW
Please wear appropriate outdoor clothing for the weather.
A4 Photos of each area of your outdoor environment / 4 different coloured pens / Clip board
Please note for confirmation for full details of your booking you will be sent an additional email from Early Years Team.
QUEST 3a.Observing, assessing and planning for children’s learning
EYFS (2012) Development Matters Characteristics of Effective Learning
- All children are supported by confident practitioners who are enabled by the culture of the setting to be responsive to their individual needs and interests.
- Support for children to try new activities and judge risks for themselves take risks and explore.
- Always respect children’s efforts and ideas, so they feel safe to take a risk with a new idea.
- Be aware of and alert to possible dangers, while recognising the importance of encouraging young children’s sense of exploration and risk-taking.
- Remember that children who have limited opportunity to play outdoors may lack a sense of danger
- Ensure children’s safety, while not unduly inhibiting their risk-taking.
- Find ways to involve children so that they are all able to be active in ways that interest them and match their health and ability.
- Be alert to the safety of children, particularly those who might overstretch themselves.
If you require further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This training is for all EY teachers, Childminders and Practitioners.