EYFS - An introduction to children’s communication and language development in the EYFS
Tuesday 2nd October 2018 - (6.30pm - 8.30pm) - Southdown Methodist Church Hall (Wesley Room)
This training aims to equip practitioners with the knowledge and skills to help them identify and support children with communication difficulties within their settings.
Topics covered will include:
• An overview of ‘what is communication?’ and the typical stages of children’s speech, language and communication development.
• How to identify children with speech, language and communication needs within settings.
• When to consider referring to the Speech and Language Therapy Service.
• An introduction to the ‘Early Years Communication Guide’ and advice on how to fill in a ‘Communication Profile’ for a child
• Practical ideas, strategies and activities to support children’s developing communication skills.
There will also be opportunities for participants to ask questions and find out more about what Speech and Language Therapists do and how we work.
EYFS - Wellbeing and Involvement in Action:Understanding and Using the Leuven Scales
(1) Tuesday 2nd October 2018 - Keynsham Civic Centre, W1.4 Conference Room, Keynsham (6.45pm - 8.45pm) Well Being and Involvement Project
(2) Wednesday 6th March 2019 - Keynsham Civic Centre, W1.4 Conference Room, Keynsham (6.45pm - 8.30pm) Well Being and Involvement Cluster
Must attend both all sessions
We are pleased to be able to announce a shortened version of our highly successful Well Being and Involvement Project’, based on the Leuven scales.
The Leuven scales were developed by Ferre Laevers, who suggested that deep level learning takes place when levels of well-being and involvement are high. The Leuven scales enable a key person to see what really inspires and motivates their key children. The training session will cover
• What the Leuven scales are, and an introduction to how the scales work.
• Ample opportunity to practise using the scales.
• Ideas about how you might use the Leuven scales in day to day practice, including using them to identify aspects of provision you may wish to improve
• An opportunity to consider how you can share the Leuven scales with parents
The visit to each setting will support attendees to use the Leuven scales to observe their own key children, alongside a mentor. The setting will be supported to consider how to use the Leuven scales in day to day practice.