EYFS - Visit a Reception Classroom in action ! (AM - February 2018)
The visit aims to give you the opportunity to see an effective Early Years classroom in action. You will be able to
• Observe how the children engage with their environment and the stimulating resources available.
• Learn about the impact of an ‘enabling environment’ and how it can support the children’s levels of motivation, independence and learning. Including their sense of self within a busy classroom.
• Consider how we ensure children feel safe and secure, how we plan ways for the children to apply a range of skills to support their learning through play and adult led tasks.
• See a range of resources, learning and play environments, including an exciting outside area
• There will be an opportunity to ask questions and share ideas as the class teacher will be leading the visit
All early years practitioners or governors wishing to gain a greater understanding of the Reception classroom and curriculum, and/or for those who want to enhance their classroom environment, both inside and out.